New World Empire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Changes for New GM

+5
flailingtortoise
Dutyer
Selethis
Token
LongFangNaga
9 posters

Go down

Changes for New GM Empty Changes for New GM

Post  LongFangNaga Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:11 pm

As you may or may not have heard, admin is likely going to be cut off from steady internet for the next month or so and has asked me to GM in his stead. I'll do my best to keep things running as smoothly as possible, but note that there will be a few changes as listed below.
  • Turn taking: To put it simply, I don't have the free time/stamina to be on here for as long as admin usually is. Because of this, rather than the current system of each player taking their rounds on the gameplay thread whenever they happen to be online, each player will send me their instructions via PM as if it were an AGI. Once I've received everyone's instructions I'll execute them all simultaneously (think of it in the style of board games like Diplomacy). This will better fit my schedule and will prevent the problem of players who go later already knowing what other people are doing that turn. Due to the nature of time zones and the like I may not be able to do one round every day, but that's my goal (the minimum speed will probably be four rounds a week).
  • Rules: All of the rules will stay as they are as of the 21st of July. Anyone who wants to suggest ideas is as always free to do so in the rules suggestions thread.
  • Mistakes: There will probably be a learning curve to me running the game, so I encourage you to let me know of any mistakes I make.
  • Fate of Inselstelle: Right now my plan is to continue playing the Kaiserdom along with the rest of you, making my plans before opening any orders. However I understand that you guys might not want me to do this (DMPCs and all). Let know how you feel about this and what I should do with the Kaiserdom.
  • Missing Players: Two players have not come over to the new boards yet: CentralAsianQaghan and Iylzara. I've already spoken with CentralAsian on tg and he's told me that he doesn't want to play anymore, and Iylzara hasn't been on the old forums since they joined. As such, I'm going to rule that unless they come to the new forums by Saturday (23rd of July), they will be disqualified from the game and their regions will be emptied out for anyone to settle as they please.
LongFangNaga
LongFangNaga

Back to top Go down

Changes for New GM Empty Re: Changes for New GM

Post  Token Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:28 pm

@TurnTaking:
This actually sounds a bit better. But how are you going to make the posts? Are we going to PM all of our actions and you make it into one big exciting fluffed up post with all updates? A bit more info on the execution please.
@Rules&Mistakes:
Seems aright.
@Fate of Inselstelle:
I actually don't see the big problem. I believe you to be a fair man, despite being biased and can pull this through. I might be a bit naive however.
@Missing Players:
Keep their empires, keep their armies. That way, it is territory up for grab, but a bit of a fight in it. Considering unrest and such. Empires don't vanish, except in apocalyptic events, but they can stop growing and collaps on themselves. This leaves lots of lesser states, but it is a rather time consuming process. Unless you feel like testing combat mechanics out in civil war scenarios, I think it would be most fun for us remaining players to tear those empires asunder. That is just my opinion.

Token

Back to top Go down

Post  LongFangNaga Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:57 pm

Token wrote:@TurnTaking:
This actually sounds a bit better. But how are you going to make the posts? Are we going to PM all of our actions and you make it into one big exciting fluffed up post with all updates? A bit more info on the execution please.
Right, so the current plan is to put it all into one big post (probably sorted by geographic region for convenience). So it would have something along the lines of
Eastern Territory
Qaghanate actions, Zipang's actions, Jiang's actions
Central Territory
Valderian Actions, New World actions, Polypontus' actions, Tor's actions
Southern Territory
Tlapaca's actions, Teutonic Order's actions, Aether Raiders' actions, Kaiserdom's actions
Western Territory
Pagoda's actions, Atlanthias' actions
LongFangNaga
LongFangNaga

Back to top Go down

Post  Selethis Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:24 pm

Seems fine with me, and yeah I would support the notion of keeping the inactive players as NPCs.
Selethis
Selethis

Back to top Go down

Post  Dutyer Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:45 pm

Do you want me to give you some admin power? It won't be possible to give you total power but it'll be better than nothing at all.
@Turn: I'll send the instruction for my empire through PM.
@Inselstelle: I'm fine with you continue playing it.
@Missing Player: If you're going to leave them as NPC does that mean they're just going to stay there and do nothing or are you going to develop the country for them?
Dutyer
Dutyer

Back to top Go down

Post  LongFangNaga Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:05 pm

@Dutyer
-Mod powers: Admin said he'd do that himself, he wants to make sure I've got all the info right first
-Missing Players: I'm gonna go with Token's idea. The nations are NPCs that I control but don't send settlers or anything and just do internal stuff.

Edit: Also, if anyone had secret negotiations with either the Qaghanate or with Syrrah, send me a PM so I can know.
LongFangNaga
LongFangNaga

Back to top Go down

Post  flailingtortoise Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:21 pm

All of the above sounds good. Just let me know when you want my AGI and filler information etc.
flailingtortoise
flailingtortoise

Back to top Go down

Post  AdelhardKrauss Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:44 am

glad to hear this is still going. Also I don't mind the DMPC so much, it's not bad when done right and it's only for a month. Even so you can't really give yourself an advantage unless you're going to war
AdelhardKrauss
AdelhardKrauss

Back to top Go down

Post  LongFangNaga Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:43 am

Okay an update: I've finished transferring everyone's nation data, so send me your orders when you can and we'll start round three.

Also, I've come to the conclusion that perhaps players should be responsible for keeping track of their nation's statistics in the same way they would keep track of their character sheets in an RPG. Thoughts?

Here are some interesting statistics:
-Largest Land Army: Valderian at 23 followed by Polpontus at 20
-Largest Navy: Kaiserdom at 8 followed by Aether at 7
-Highest Food Production: Valderian at 58.3 followed by Kaiserdom at 46.2
-Highest Resource Production: Teutons as 33.5 followed by Qaghanate at 32.6
-Highest Food Reserves: Atlanthias at 46 followed by Kaiserdom at 38.4
-Highest Resource Reserves: Zipang at 35 followed by Kaiserdom at 30.2
-Highest Population: Zipang at 42.7 followed by Atlanthias at 36.3
-Most Consecutive Victories: Tie between Teutons and Valderian at 1
-Most Victories Total: Tie between Teutons and Valderian at 1
-Most Consecutive Losses: Tie between NWE and Tor at 1
-Most Losses Total: Tie Between NWE and Tor at 1
-Most Regions Trading: Tie between Polypontus and Jiang at 4 followed by Kaiserdom at 3
-Most Surprising Doctrine Choice: Pagoda

Edit: Also, minor rules update. Trading posts can now choose to generate .5/.5 each turn, and a new university improvement has been made (grants +1 to tech research). I'll add them to the rules as soon as I can.

Last edited by LongFangNaga on Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:34 am; edited 1 time in total
LongFangNaga
LongFangNaga

Back to top Go down

Post  Dogstar Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:28 am

My doctrines are surprising? What? *has no idea*
Dogstar
Dogstar

Back to top Go down

Post  LongFangNaga Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:34 am

@Dogstar
I misread your fluff to be a peaceful nation of refugees, that's why I was confused at to why you would have mobile warfare and a professional army.
LongFangNaga
LongFangNaga

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:23 am

Changes for New GM God.jpg.scaled500

@all players
This might be my last post in a long time, so I just want to wish you all good luck and I hope you all have a great time. I'll be here for the weekend to watch over the start of Round 3, but I'm going away on Monday. Hopefully, everyone's going to have good fun. I can't wait to check the forum when I get back to see how the game has progressed and how our Nations developed.
Happy Nation Building!

New World Empire Game Master
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://newworldempire.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Zephyros Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:20 pm

Well good luck to you, and since I'm moving in a week or less I'll kinda be away for a good while aswell. I guess I could just leave some AGl's or something.

Zephyros

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum