New World Empire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New World Empire Gameplay Thread

+9
Dogstar
AdelhardKrauss
RealOmegastick
God of Dice
LongFangNaga
flailingtortoise
Token
Teutonic Order
Admin
13 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

New World Empire Gameplay Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: New World Empire Gameplay Thread

Post  Admin Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:14 am

@all
I've got the battle screen for Teutonic vs Tor ready.
Now the only thing left to do is for the God of Dice to roll.
...how do we do that?

I know Omega has somehow managed to do it.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://newworldempire.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

New World Empire Gameplay Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: New World Empire Gameplay Thread

Post  LongFangNaga Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:15 am

@Summoning Ritual
There's a tab labelled roll under the preview and send buttons

Also, when will the map be updated?
LongFangNaga
LongFangNaga

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:22 am

@all
ROLLING! Teutonic vs Tor

@LongFangNaga
The Map will be updated after the battle!

Last edited by Admin on Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  God of Dice Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:22 am

The member 'Admin' has done the following action : Roll

'The Dice' : 10, 4
God of Dice
God of Dice

Back to top Go down

Post  LongFangNaga Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:23 am

Assuming Teutonic is the first number, that means he won but suffers 50% casualties and the Omegastick suffers 30% casualties.
LongFangNaga
LongFangNaga

Back to top Go down

New World Empire Gameplay Thread - Page 3 Empty BATTLE

Post  Admin Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:32 am

@LongFangNaga
Me and flailaingtortoise had a discussion about this before and I came to the conclusion that (20-Roll)*5= % casualties.
I know I should have updated the rules, sorry, my fault.
So if you roll a 10, (20-10)*5= 50% casualties.
(20-4)*5=80% casualties.
Anyway, here is the battle report.

New World Empire Gameplay Thread - Page 3 Nfrtj10
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Teutonic Order Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:34 am

36-9 and I lost 7 armies. Neutral

Teutonic Order

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:36 am

@Teutonic
Hey, Omega lost 7 Armies too. Plus, you got to conquer a Region. By the way, you never specified which Region you are attacking. I guess you can take any except the Fortress one.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  LongFangNaga Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:37 am

@Teutonic
Casualties are based off of base rolls, so having lots of combat bonus won't make your troops anymore survivable (come to think of it, that makes the rerolls granted by MTs and Fortress really good).
LongFangNaga
LongFangNaga

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:40 am

@Teutonic
I know it's a bit silly how a huge Gov + Army size bonus doesn't affect casualties, but the base roll mechanic is simple and easy. We could make it more compliacted, but I don't see the need. You still won a pretty good victory and have 7 armies left (and will also probably continue to win).

@all
Map will be updated once Teutonic chooses a Region to claim.
Oh, in case you're wondering, Doctrine bonuses are added to the Gov Policy bonuses to save writing space. Don't worry, they ARE included.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  LongFangNaga Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:48 am

@Waiting for Teutons
Uh, he's kinda offline ATM.
LongFangNaga
LongFangNaga

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:57 am

Okay, if there actually is anyone online who wants to do their turn, I'll just claim a Region for the Teutonic based on their Food/Res income.

So, anyone ready for their turn?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  LongFangNaga Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:58 am

@Turns
We're the only ones online right now admin (it's just like old times).
LongFangNaga
LongFangNaga

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:00 am

@LongFangNaga
Yep, I think you're right. In that case, I'm going to play EU3/M2:TW in windowed mode. I'll check the forum every once in a while.
(if you have any balance issues / rules questions, feel free to ask)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Teutonic Order Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:16 am

Admin wrote:Okay, if there actually is anyone online who wants to do their turn, I'll just claim a Region for the Teutonic based on their Food/Res income.

So, anyone ready for their turn?

Back, internet dropped.

Teutonic Order

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:24 am

@Teutonic
Please choose the Tor Region you would like to claim!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Teutonic Order Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:29 am

Admin wrote:@Teutonic
Please choose the Tor Region you would like to claim!

Furthest south west region.

Teutonic Order

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:48 am

@all
Okay, the map has been updated. The forum still cuts it off so for full view use the link above the picture.
Everything else is updated. We are currently waiting for the few remaining players to do their turn. Might do AGI for those who left it.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  flailingtortoise Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:07 pm

Admin wrote:@LongFangNaga
Yep, I think you're right. In that case, I'm going to play EU3/M2:TW in windowed mode. I'll check the forum every once in a while.

Sorry to butt in after all the combat/rules and expect to have a say in things, but it would be nice to have some kind of way to not let troop survivability come down to pure luck on the rolls. Obviously because I am heavily combat based I will be coming a cross as quite biased and I do agree that the current system is simple and so on, however my argument would be that culture/tech based nations have vast options for increasing and maintaining trade routes or technological advancements (putting resources into advancements) while military units are still quite an investment. I could go on a bit more if you wanted me too, and I am ok with how it is, I just think that if it is still open for more discussion then this would be good.

(Sorry, late night, not much else to think about)
flailingtortoise
flailingtortoise

Back to top Go down

Post  LongFangNaga Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:15 pm

@Flailing
That's certainly a valid point. There's probably a way to tweak the formulas to make it less lethal in combat (maybe multiply by 2.5 or 3 instead of 5). There could also be a possibility for some sort of field medicine tech (count roll result as +2 higher for the purposes of determining casualties). Still, you need to keep in mind that this is the first ever game using this system, so for all intents and purposes we're playtesting right now.
LongFangNaga
LongFangNaga

Back to top Go down

Post  Teutonic Order Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:18 pm

flailingtortoise wrote:
Admin wrote:@LongFangNaga

Sorry to butt in after all the combat/rules and expect to have a say in things, but it would be nice to have some kind of way to not let troop survivability come down to pure luck on the rolls. Obviously because I am heavily combat based I will be coming a cross as quite biased and I do agree that the current system is simple and so on, however my argument would be that culture/tech based nations have vast options for increasing and maintaining trade routes or technological advancements (putting resources into advancements) while military units are still quite an investment. I could go on a bit more if you wanted me too, and I am ok with how it is, I just think that if it is still open for more discussion then this would be good.

(Sorry, late night, not much else to think about)

I am behind this 100%, my total was literally 4x his total and I still lost as many armies as he did.

@Long
Go for it

Last edited by Teutonic Order on Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

Teutonic Order

Back to top Go down

Post  LongFangNaga Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:20 pm

@Casualties
If you guys want I can create a new thread for us to discuss this (seems like it's a bit too off-topic for the game thread), something like a thread to discuss possible changes to the game.
LongFangNaga
LongFangNaga

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:25 pm

@flailingtortoise
Currently, I keep track of 13 Nation's all statistics, which is about 270-300 values out of which about half change every full Round. It's not hard, but just takes a long time.
I agree that the current casualty system is kinda meh (both you and Teutonic said it wasn't too good), but there is seriously A LOT of maths involved already, so I try to smiplify everything else.
If we do come up with a better system, it should be simple:

How about: both players roll, we add all modifiers. Then, we add the two values together.
Say, one player got a 20 in total, the other one got only 10. In total, they make 30.
Then for casualties, you suffer a proportion of troops equal to the proportion your enemy's roll is to the total value of added rolls (this sounds very complicated, but it's not, I hope you know what I mean. Not sure how to word it).
So the player who rolled 10 will suffer 20/30(66%) casualties and the player who rolled 20 will suffer 10/30(33%) casualties. How does that sound?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  LongFangNaga Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:28 pm

@Rules changes
Set up a thread for discussion of rules changes (this way we can keep the main thread nice and tidy).
https://newworldempire.forumotion.co.uk/t10-suggestions-for-the-game-rules#197
LongFangNaga
LongFangNaga

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:50 pm

@Dogstar
Would you like to do your turn now?

@Selethis/Adelhard
What about you?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next